iPhone OS 3.1.3 Software Update
Written by Brent Sheets
The iPhone OS 3.1.3 Software Update is now available through iTunes for iPhone and iPod Touch. You may wish to install the latest version of iTunes 9.0.3 (15) before upgrading your iPhone or iPod. Click for more information on the improvements and security fixes.
how to install
This Apple image illustrates how to upgrade the iPhone OS.
fixes and improvements
- Improves accuracy of reported batterylevel on iPhone 3GS.
- Resolves issue where third-party apps would not launch in some instances.
- Fixes bug that may cause an app to crash when using the Japanese Kana keyboard.
- CoreAudio (CVE-ID: CVE-2010-0036)
Impact: Playing a maliciously crafted mp4 audio file may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution
- ImageIO (CVE-ID: CVE-2009-2285)
Impact: Viewing a maliciously crafted TIFF image may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code executio
- Recovery Mode (CVE-ID: CVE-2010-0038)
Impact: A person with physical access to a locked device may be able to access the user’s data
- WebKit (CVE-ID: CVE-2009-3384)
Impact: Accessing a maliciously crafted FTP server could result in an unexpected application termination, information disclosure, or arbitrary code execution
- WebKit (CVE-ID: CVE-2009-2841)
Impact: Mail may load remote audio and video content when remote image loading is disabled